Let’s talk budgeting! 💵📩📫📝
Dont be afraid, I’ll give you some easy tips to help you stay on track. 📑The key is to keep it simple and find what works for you so it doesn’t feel like such a chore. 😄
We all love Dave Ramsey, so I have included his 7 steps to success below. 😊
💡 Some more things you can incorporate into your budgeting routine are:
• Leave your debit card & credit cards at home to avoid unnecessary purchases. Use your weekly allowance for these things.
• Take that daily coffee budget (or whatever your jam is) and put it in a jar so you can see how much money goes toward that in a week and decide if it could be better used for something else. If not, use your allowance for this.
• Plan monthly meals on a whiteboard calendar kept in the kitchen that way you can plan your shopping lists and not waste food. You’ll be surprised how many recipes use similar ingredients!
• Give yourself a weekly shopping budget and stick to it. If after a couple weeks you can tweak it to be less or more, go ahead and do that.
• Give yourself and your spouse a weekly allowance, in cash.
• If your bills exceed your income, find a way to bring in some extra money in your spare time. I have some easy ideas for you if that’s what you need.
• Use the cash envelope system to hold yourself accountable. This really works!
• Budget using a free online tool such as Clear Check Book or Mint to log expenses, transactions, budgets, etc. Mint will even remind you of due dates!
• Invest using an easy tool like Stash.
• Refinance your car for a lower payment.
• Shop around for cheaper car insurance.
• If you’re a business owner, file your expense receipts in a 12 pocket file, organized by month.
• If you are in debt, cut up your credit cards and pay the maximum amount you are able to each month. You could even call your credit card company to see if you qualify for a lower APR!
💚💙💜 I hope this helps. If you need more information about any of the tips above, go ahead and comment or message me. 📲